Originally published article on BIZCATALYST 360°
Everything in the digital world today is not heard or listened to. Ensure your voice rings true and clear. Share your dreams, even when you lack them. Seek advice. Listen. Only then can you find your path. ~ Maria Lehtman
How does the digital transformation impact the social and business life of international entrepreneurs? At the heart of a successful social media business, you always find a hard-working digital life innovator. I am happy to see that many of the power-houses breaking the mold today are passionate and intuitive female entrepreneurs.
For this article, I had the pleasure of interviewing Kathleen O’Keefe-Kanavos, TV & Radio Host, Producer & Nautilus Award-winning Author and cancer survivor. Kathleen endeavors to make this world a better place, sharing peoples’ voices and dreams through media and books. She is also an International Syndicated Columnist for the award-winning business, culture, and lifestyle multimedia digest BIZCATALYST 360°.
Let’s learn more about the intriguing life and professional experience of Kathleen O’Keefe-Kanavos:
How did you discover how life-altering dreams can be?
I believe we are all born with guardian angels. We are their job, and they take that job seriously. One way they can connect and speak with us to keep us alive, and on our Life Purpose Path is through our dreams.
- Question: Thank you for this opportunity to interview you, Kathleen O’Keefe-Kanavos! It is a pleasure to hear from your view of the world, given your expertise in media. I would be interested in learning what initially inspired you to start hosting Dreaming Healing as a video podcaster and radio show host?
Answer : Maria, Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to share my thoughts with your readers in BIZCAT 360 Magazine. As a three-time breast cancer survivor whose dreams with Franciscan monks diagnosed my illness missed by the medical community and the tests on which they relied, I felt it was important to share the power of dreams with the world. I shared my experience through my radio show Dreaming Healing, my column in BIZCATALYST 360° Magazine titled Living Your Dreams, and in my latest book, Chaos to Clarity co-authored with Rev. Patricia Cagganello with the FOREWORD written by Dr. Bernie Siegel.
One of my stories in the book in Part 2- Health and Well-Being: I’ll Stand By You, is Dreaming Healing, Again! It shares the experience of robed monks entering my dreams to tell me the cancer is back. Their message saves my life a second time despite cancer recurrence. (It proves recurrence is not a death sentence.) I shared this dream on the Dr. OZ Show, and Dr. Burk shared it on The DOCTORS show. The dream is an excerpt from the book I co-authored with Duke University Radiologist Dr. Larry Burk and is based on his Breast Cancer Dream Research. The book is titled Dreams That Can Save Your Life: Early Warning Signs of Cancer and Other Diseases.
Our dreams are Sacred Doorways to the Divine, where we can receive life-saving messages from our deceased loved ones, our Guardian angels, and our Physician-within. I believe we are all born with guardian angels. We are their job, and they take that job seriously. One way they can connect and speak with us to keep us alive, and on our Life Purpose Path is through our dreams. This message is shared not only by myself but by my guests on the live show Dreaming Healing on DreamVisions7Radio Network that airs the first and third Tuesday of every month. This information and VIDEOs are on my website KathleenOkeefeKanavos.com
- Question: Digital transformation has changed many ways of how influencers like you engage with the audience and share experiences. What are some of the challenges and opportunities that you see in your career and daily life?
Answer : The biggest challenge is using all the FREE media platforms available to us for business promotion, including our blogs and articles. Sometimes I feel like a child in a candy store! The Key to using your blog/article for business is to “Bundle” it. Bundling is posting and publishing your article on multiple platforms that lead back to your business. Here is an example of how to do this for FREE. If you have a radio show about your business, blog it with the show URL on the bottom, then post it on MEDIUM where it can be republished by editors of business platforms. Post the MEDIUM URL link on your social media pages and groups. You will get email statistics on your blog’s reach. Magazine editors may ask to publish it.
Or, if you are a columnist, convert your blog into a column and share it again in a different format on the same social media sites. Whenever it is republished by a new MEDIUM editor or FEATURED on their website, you will be contacted again by email. Post it again on your pages. Now you have BUNDLED your blog/article, and social media is promoting you as an expert. A VIDEO blog (VLOG) I wrote from The Kat Kanavos Show was published as an article in BIZCATALYST 360° Magazine, then posted by BIZCAT on MEDIUM where editors republished it in Keeping Stock and then FEATURED on Medium’s Many Stories. Vlogs are great for business, especially if your business is writing.
- Question: You and Duke University Radiologist Dr. Larry Burk co-wrote the 2018 Nautilus Award Winner, Dreams That Can Save Your Life. Congratulations on the success! For those of us who see dreams understand the power of intuitive messages they can provide us – would you tell us more about how you see the western psychology and therapy evolving in understanding dreaming, and its connection to the healing process? And what is the significance of the work to you personally?
Answer : As a three-time breast cancer survivor whose dreams diagnose my cancer missed by the medical community and the tests on which they relied, dreams are life-saving. My first book Surviving Cancerland: The Intuitive Aspects of Healing was found on Amazon by Duke University Radiologist Dr. Larry Burk, during his Breast Cancer Dream Research Project. He asked me to be a participant in his ground-breaking research, which we then turned into an award-winning book titled Dreams That Can Save Your Life: Early Warning Signs of Cancer and Other Diseases.
While co-authoring the book, we found that dreaming healing has been used for more than six thousand years. Precognitive and Healing Dreams were first recorded in Ancient Egypt, Rome, and Greece in the Asclepeion Dream Temples. According to Wikipedia, over 300 Asclepeion Temples have been discovered throughout ancient Greece. Among the most famous of the temples were Trikke, Epidaurus, Island of Kos, Athens, Corinth, Pergamon, and one located on the south slopes of the Acropolis of Athens, which dates to around 420 BC.
As modern medicine evolved, the focus shifted from mind/body/spirit to only body. The mind and spirit could not be measured or seen, so it’s product, dreams, were not considered an accurate means of diagnosis…until now. Dr. Larry Burk’s research has shifted that notion because the patients in the book first had their diagnostic dream and then went to the doctor for tests. Pathology reports validated their dreams. The merging of modern medicine and dreams has created a healing and diagnostic modality greater than the sum of its individual parts. This concept is changing the psychology of dreaming and healing. It is a bit like Dr. Freud on steroids.
- Question: During the years that you taught Psychology at USF, Ft. Myers Branch, and the severely emotionally handicapped – did you already see the potential in healing dreams, and if so, how?
Answer : Yes. My students suffered from recurrent nightmares. It was my job to help them find the “gift of gold” in their nightmare. It is easy to forget a nice sweet dream but almost impossible to forget a nightmare, even years later. While recently taping a Morning Show in LA, the host told me his worst recurrent nightmare was about Freddy Kruger. “You never forgot the nightmare, did you?” I asked. “No!” he answered. “Find your gift of gold in the nightmare, and you will stop dreaming it.” I watched the lightbulb go on in his eyes. The interview is on my website.
Takeaway #1: The scientific study of dreams, oneirology, is focused on questions such as which part of the brain is driving dreams’ video-auditory experience given that the mind’s internal imagery during day time is controlled by the lateral prefrontal cortex (LPFC). However, during REM sleep, when dream episodes take place, the LPFC activity is inactive. Despite the assumptions and open questions in science, dreams have a significant role for people who can recall them. Moving forward with questions, curiosity, and intuition about dreams is essential in finding wholeness in our psyche and physiology.
How do you bring clarity to a world of chaos?
“Chaos to Clarity [the book] focuses on how our world is experiencing tremendous change that affects us through the Butterfly Effect of Chaos Theory. Do you feel it? Despite change being one of the #1 phobias, change is hope.” ~ Kathleen O’Keefe-Kanavos
- Question: Due to my specialization in social media empowerment, I am always interested to learn more about how digitalization impacts people. As you have dedicated your life to promoting a healthy balance of life and success – what connections do you see between social media and health?
Answer : Oh, Maria, I wish I could say “Yes” to the Healthy-Balance part of success, but at the release of Chaos to Clarity: Sacred Stories of Transformational Change, I had been working a bit overtime. My husband calls my office the “Rat Hole” because I am in there so much. But, that is part of successfully launching a book. During Choas to Clarity’s release on November 19th, it became and held the place of Number 1 Bestseller in New Releases on Amazon. Even now, months later, it is still a top seller on Amazon. However, like anything else in life, everything in moderation. My rule for balance is simple, “Work Hard. Play Harder.” I’m playing hard tennis on Wednesday.
- Question: I am grateful to be part of your latest collaborative book project you carried out with Rev. Patricia Cagganello: Chaos to Clarity: Sacred Stories of Transformational Change. Would you share a little more about how the initiative began, and what is the overall message the collaborative project carries?
Answer : Rev. Patricia Cagganello and I met through a mutual friend, and the rest is history. We realized there was a need in the world to share stories that moved from chaos to clarity, and we wanted to meet that need. And, there were authors with wonderful voices and messages who needed a place to share them.
We reached out to leaders in the business community like Dennis Pitocco, Publisher & Editor-in-Chief of BIZCATALYST 360°, and Deborah Beauvais, the CEO, and Owner of DreamVisions7 Radio Network, and Dr. Bernie Siegel, to help us find and promote those authors who had stories to share and needed a venue. These leaders stepped up to the plate resulting in a book that can change lives for the better. The book Chaos to Clarity was born. It is about Real People. Real Stories. Real Pain. Real Healing.
Chaos to Clarity focuses on how our world is experiencing tremendous change that affects us through the Butterfly Effect of Chaos Theory. Do you feel it? Despite change being one of the #1 phobias, change is hope. Change is good! From their darkest hours to their brightest moments, survivors describe their transformation from despair to happiness.
Some storytellers have battled a life-threatening illness, others have survived an abusive relationship, lost their job, or overcome addiction. The butterfly effect is the idea that the flapping of tiny wings can create wind on the other side of the world because we are all connected through Universal Oneness. In Chaos to Clarity, we hope that the breeze from the turning of the pages will be the wind beneath someone else’s wings. Chaos to Clarity!
- Question: For our readers, now that Chaos to Clarity is out for ordering – what plans do you have as a publisher and author to help the larger international audiences hear more about the book project?
Answer : We hope to connect with the broader international audience by connecting with people like you who are helping us promote these amazing stories. Patricia and I are also doing daily TV and Radio interviews. My syndicated show Dreaming Healing on DreamVision 7 radio Network has 25,000 listeners from around the world, my column Living Your Dreams on BIZCATALYST 360° is also internationally syndicated, AND our thirty-plus authors are International. They are in countries from around the world like the UK, South Africa, and Denmark, to name just a few. There is such excitement from the energy this book exudes; the authors are as busy as Patricia, and I am promoting it.
- Question: Do you already see the next production on the horizon that you would like to share about with our readers?
Answer : We are now collecting stories for the second book in the Sacred Stories of Transformation Series titled Chappy to Happy. Yeah, have you ever had one-of-those-days and want to share your story? If you are a writer with a story to tell bookmark my website or Sacred Stories Publishing for updates on story acquisitions and requirements. We are collecting stories now.
- Question: How do you keep a good life-work balance yourself? Does your intuition or dream world guide you to look for a better balance during busier times?
Answer : My dream world has been very active in helping me with this book. Truth be told, I don’t do much in life without guidance from my dreams because they always lead me in the right direction. Many a morning, I called Patricia and said, “I had a dream last night about what we were discussing yesterday.”
- Question: If you had to choose one of your favorite quotes – what would it be?
Answer : “A dream that is not interpreted is like a letter that is not read” ~ “Dream Book” of the Babylonian Talmud [200–500 ce]
Takeaway #2: Everyone dreams even if they are forgotten upon waking. Everyone has life-altering experiences – unique moments of healing that are irrelevant to place, time, or other people. Everyone may not be a writer, but we all have a story. Online media, the digital transformation of sharing humanity, allows a place for these stories to be heard. No message of clarity is too insignificant to share with others – we need grains of clarity amid our world’s tumults.
Thank you, Kathleen, for this excellent opportunity to gain insights into your unique experiences, and hope through dreams that can be shared among many people around the world.
If you are interested to learn more about Kathleen O’Keefe Kanavos and her profound insights – please follow her on the provided links:
- Website: http://kathleenokeefekanavos.com/
- Twitter: @KathleenKanavos
- Facebook: KatOkeefeKanavos
- LinkedIn: kathleen-kat-o-keefe-kanavos-012b3719
- YouTube: kathyokeefekanavos
- BIZCATALYST 360°: https://www.bizcatalyst360.com/author/kathleenokeefekanavos/
If you are interested in previous influencer interviews – click to follow these links:
- Ready to be In-The-Know About Executive and Environmental Influencing?
- Personal Branding Success As A Key Person Of Trust (KPT)
- Business Networking Success – What Can You Learn From A Stellar Solopreneur?
- What Can You Learn From A STEM Specialist Pursuing A Creative Path?
- BIZCATALYST360° ǀ https://www.bizcatalyst360.com/
- Chaos to Clarity: Sacred Stories of Transformational Change ǀ https://www.amazon.com/Chaos-Clarity-Sacred-Stories-Transformational/dp/1945026618/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=chaos+to+clarity&qid=1571517525&s=books&sr=1-7
- BIZCATALYST360° ǀ Profile Kat O’Keefe-Kanavos ǀ https://www.bizcatalyst360.com/author/kathleenokeefekanavos/
- BIZCATALYST360° ǀ Profile Rev. Patricia Cagganello ǀ https://www.bizcatalyst360.com/author/patriciacagganello/
- Bernie Siegel, MD ǀ http://berniesiegelmd.com/
- Kathleen O’Keefe Kanavos ǀ Books ǀ http://kathleenokeefekanavos.com/dreams-that-can-save-your-life/
- Kathleen O’Keefe Kanavos ǀ Author, Speaker, Dream Expert & Coach, Radio & TV Host ǀ http://kathleenokeefekanavos.com/
- Wikipedia ǀ Dream ǀ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream
- Wikipedia ǀ Dream ǀ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oneirology